Five Years Ago

Tomorrow will be the Five Year Anniversary of my sister (Jennifer) and I (Angela)'s amazing, once in a life time, five week adventure, through Europe.

Sometimes when I look back and think about that time it seems like a dream. It went by so fast and we saw so much, it's hard to remember everything. I wish I would have wrote more on our trip, but we were going from city to city each day and by the time we got back to our hotel/hostel/airbnb I was exhausted and would just go to bed. Thankfully I took A LOT of pictures and then a year later (2014) I wrote a blog post for each day as if we were there that day. There are some days I remembered more than others but I'm glad I have these blog post to look back on.

Most of you are aware of what has gone on in my life in the last five years but if your not, I got married to a wonderful, amazing man and I underwent an above the knee amputation in 2017 because my knee could no longer move and was frozen at a 90 degree angle. My husband (David) has been by my side through all of this and now we live in Massachusetts and I am currently learning to walk again with my prosthetic leg. Its a slow journey, and because of my genetic condition I won't be running marathons or hiking mount everest, but with David by my side I hope to be able to travel more some day, and write even more about traveling with limited mobility. You can read more of my adventures these last few years at www.oneleggedwoman.com

Hope you enjoy this blog, click around on all the days and read about the fun things Jen and I did on our trip. There's also lots of tips on traveling in general and traveling with limited mobility.

The way the blog works is the most recent post (i.e. the last day of our trip) will be the first post you see. If you'd like to start at the beginning then here are the links to each day. You can just click on the one you'd like to read. Or click on the menu icon in the top left corner, click on Blog Archives and they will all be right there for you to click on whichever day you'd like to read.

one year ago    (this post is from 2014)

Day One    Day Two    Day Three    Day Four    Day Five    Day Six    Day Seven    Day Eight    

Day Nine    Day Ten    Day Eleven    Day Twelve    Day Thirteen    Day Fourteen     Day Fifteen   

Comments