Day Thirty Six: The end.

This is it, the end of our amazing journey, five weeks, five countries, lots of great memories. Our flight from Athens left at 6am. Which is why the picture to the left we look a little tired. We flew from Athens to Frankfurt, Germany, so technically we visited 6 countries if you count the airport. Then we flew from Frankfurt to London. In London we had almost a 4 hour layover so we did some last min souvenir shopping and had some lunch/dinner. Our flight from London left at 2:10pm on October 4 (London time) and arrived at 5:15pm, only 3 hours later, ha no, 11 hours later we were in San Francisco.


My parents drove down to pick us up from the airport so they could spend time with Jen before she headed back to Australia. We had planned that she would have a day in San Francisco before we both flew out October 6th for Idaho and Australia. When we arrived in San Francisco it was dinner time, for us it was around 2am, but whatever time it was we were hungry. We went to In and Out (my dad's favorite), then went back to the hotel, handed out presents and went to bed. Major jet lag/sick/tired from a month of traveling.







These are my faithful shoes, my miracle shoes. In the weeks before we left I searched everywhere for shoes that didn't hurt my feet. I have issues with my left foot and it is very hard to find shoes that don't hurt to wear. The day before we left I still hadn't found a pair, and then my mom and I went to target. I bought these shoes and am so thankful I did. I wore them everyday of our journey and my feet hardly ever bothered me. We did a lot of walking so this was pretty miraculous. I would venture to say it was mainly because of all the people praying for me that these shoes did so well, and I am so thankful. When I look back at what I was able to do in these last 30 day I know that it was only by God's mercy and grace that I did it. Lots of people praying for our strength and joy, and God answered those prayers, I can see now when I look back how miraculous it was.



After our day in San Francisco, Jen and I both headed back to our homes in Idaho and Australia. There aren't words to describe how thankful I am for my sister. She was my friend, my wheel chair pusher, driver, suitcase puller, and much much more, during this last month. I'm not going to lie and say that two girls together for 36 days didn't have their tough moments, but looking back I only remember the good things, and there are so many good things to remember. October 6th I hugged my sister one last time, with lots of tears, said goodbye and we both boarded our planes for home. Our journey was complete. Time to start planning the next one!

First and last day of our adventure.




Catch up on all the days:

one year ago    Day One    Day Two    Day Three    Day Four    Day Five    Day Six    Day Seven









Comments